- Ginger – 1 cup chopped
- Garlic – 4 cloves
- Tamarind – a small lemon size
- Dry Red Chilli – 3
- Jaggery / Bellam / Vellam / Sarkarai or Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Urad dal / Ulundu Paruppu – 1 tbsp
- Chana Dal / Kadalai Paruppu – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds / Kaduku – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds / Jeerakam – 1 tsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan..Add dry chilli, channa dal, roasted gram dal and garlic in it..Fry till it turns golden. Remove this and put it in a blender..
- Now in the same oil add in ginger and fry till golden. Remove this and add to the blender..
- Now add in jaggery, tamarind and salt and make it into a fine paste by adding some water.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil and crackle in mustard and cumin seeds. Pour in the ground chutney and switch off the flame.
- Mix well and serve with dosa or idli.